Express banana and chocolate popsicle
– Irresistable superfood on a stick
Yesterday I attended Beyonce´s concert in Oslo. She was amazing! So; Yesterday was Beyonce- day and today is Banana- day. You can do so much with bananas. It is almost as versatile as the Queen B herself. However, when I was in Miami this year I found a banana on a stick covered in chocolate. I was so surprised, as I thought it was genious. That in itself sounds delicious if you ask me. I did not know that a FROZEN banana could turn into such a decadent and creamy ice- cream on a stick!
I can´t get enough of these. Perfect summer yumminess on a stick! All you need is two ingredients, and that´s it! And I am not going to mention all the healthy benefits- you easily figure that out yourself.
Bananas (medium ripe, yellow, not green)
Good quality dark chocolate
— I use approx 100 grams of chocolate on 2 bananas (4 banana ice-creams).
- Divide the bananas into two pieces.
- Put a stick of some sort into the banana vertically. Make sure it sits well into the banana, you can press it a little bit.
- But the bananas on a baking sheet or plate and throw them into the freezer. Do not put them on top of each other, as they might stick to each other. Leave them in the freezer until they are frozen, approximately 1- 2 hrs or more.
- When they are ready and frozen; Break the chocolate into small pieces. Melt the chocolate on super-low heat, and watch them closely.
- Dip the frozen bananas into the melted chocolate, make sure they get covered.
- Now you have two options; eat them straight away, but make sure they rest a little bit, to soften up OR put them in the freezer again.
Tada! You have your finished ice- cream. Pictured above I had my banana for breakfast, ready for a sunbath in bikini! Whenever you want an banana on a stick, take it out of the freezer 10-20 minutes before you are eating it, as it should be soft and creamy, and not frozen hard. I always have frozen bananas in the freezer, just in case. I know Beyonce loves bananas, as she has actually wore them on stage (pictured below from 2006 to the left), but she also had some banana troubles for a couple of years ago involving a inflatable banana (!). She did not bring any bananas yesterday, but she showed that she is back in business without doubt (from the concert yesterday to the right)!