Healthy chocolate layer cake
I love layered cakes. This healthy chocolate layer cake is a small and super fun healthy cake that both your taste buds, gut and muscles will love (12 grams muscle boosting protein per slice!). Thus far it is the most “extreme” cake I have composed, as it is sugar- free and (close to) fat- free, AND it tastes delicious! As all of my other healthy cakes it is a grain- free and gluten-free cake. The almond flour really boost this cake with Vitamin E and healthy fibers. Be sure to check out the Guilt- free cake facts below the recipe.
Healthy chocolate layer cake
A “Super hero” cake that is grain + gluten- free, sugar- free, and fat- free (almost!). But most important; so good and super moist! If you don´t have PB2, you can use the same amount peanut flour or almond flour.
2 eggs medium/small
50 grams almond flour (fat- reduced. I use this)
25 grams baking protein
2 teaspoons coconut flour (fat- reduced)
6 teaspoons Stevia sugar (I use Steviosa sugar)
4 tablespoons cacao
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon PB2 chocolate (powdered peanut butter with chocolate)
2 dl milk of choice
1 tablespoon coconut oil (I use Cocosa)
100 grams skinny quark naturel
+ 5 tablespoons milk of choice
- Whisk eggs and Steviosa airy, and light yellow.
- Add milk. Add quark and melted coconut oil, then the dry ingredients little by little, and stir carefully.
- Pour into a small cake tin (I used a 15 cm diameter round shaped cake tin). Bake for ca. 45 Minutes at 175 degrees celsius/350 farenheit. Use a fork to check if it is finish. No cake batter should stick to the fork when it is done.
- Use a tablespoon and drizzle ca. 5 tablespoons milk of choice over the cake. Let the cake rest and chill. Divide the cake in two parts, in the middle.
Skinny chocolate frosting
This skinny chocolate frosting can also be used by itself as a chocolate dessert! And it definitively completes the Healthy chocolate layer cake. You could also try the vegan and raw Healthy chocolate frosting recipe.
200 grams skinny quark naturel
2 tablespoons cacao
1 tablespoon Acacia honey (can be substituted for Stevia liquid)
4-6 drops Stevia liquid (I use Steviosa liquid vanilla)
- Whisk the quark and the cacao well together. Add the sweeteners to taste. Make sure the cake is cooled down. Cover the middle of the cake, and the top of the cake with the skinny chocolate frosting.
- Put the healthy chocolate layer cake in the fridge for ca 1 hour to chill. You can eat it straight away, but I think the cake was better after one night in the fridge, even more after two nights..!
Nutritional facts for healthy chocolate layer cake with frosting (per portion when the cake is cut in 10 slices):Kcal 112- Protein 12,5 g- Carbohydrates 4,3 g- Fibre 1,5 g- Fat 5 g
Guilt-free cake facts
This healthy chocolate layer cake is propped with:
- Vitamin E-> fat soluble antioxidant that help prevent cancer, is anti-aging, good for skin and hair.
- Fibre-> increases satiety, suppresses fat absorption and stabilizes blood sugar.
- Protein-> supports cell growth and renew and boosts muscles, stabilizes blood sugar and increases satiety.
This cake is dedicated to my Grandpa , Ottar, who became ill and now is at the hospital. Since I can´t visit him, I made this cake to honor him. Since he has diabetes I made it completely sugar-free. And I know he would love it, as he loves chocolate- just like me!