I know it is not Valentines, but sometimes you just get that feeling, and want that sweet, little chocolate heart. And that is what I did now. These little dark chocolate hearts are “oh- so- easy” to make for that special someone, and works as a perfect hostess- gift for New Years Eve Dinner Party! And need I not to tell you that they are “guilt- free” and everyone can eat them regardless of food intolerances.
In the last day of 2013, I want to dedicate these amazingly yummy dark chocolate hearts to all my fantastic readers and followers. You inspire me!
Dark chocolate hearts
Small, cute and irresistible. Perfect as a “guilt- free” treat, surprise for your loved one or even as an hostess- gift for dinner parties. If you miss some of the ingredients, have a look on the Tips below the recipe.
50 grams extra virgin coconut oil (I use Cocosa Extra virgin coconut oil)
150 grams dark chocolate (I use Ecuador Organic 70%)
10 grams coconot oil flavoured with orange (Cocosa gourmet coconut oil)
1 dl coconut milk, full-fat OR double cream (36% fat, lactose- free or soy)
- Put the coconut milk/lactose- free double cream in a casserole, and warm it up on low heat.
- Take it off the heat, and add the dark chocolate, extra virgin coconut oil and coconut oil flavored with orange. Mix well until melted.
- Pour the chocolate mix into suitable forms. Put into the fridge to cool down.
- If you do not have heart shaped forms, you can use small muffin forms, ice- cube forms or something similar. Just look below, as I made some other ones too.
- If you are in a hurry you can speed up the process by putting them in the freezer to cool (I did, that is why they are a bit uneven on the surface, but it will disappear after a while in room temperature).
- If you do not have coconut oil with orange, you can make them plain or even add something else like vanilla essence ( I prefer Mexican), or chili.
- If it is emergency and you want the hearts, but don´t have coconut oil in your kitchen, you can use butter- but you will then lose the extra virgin coconut oils healthy properties, and it will not be completely lactose- free.
Happy New Year!
Thank you so much to all my readers and followers for making my 2013 year exciting, and for following me on my journey for that perfect dash of sugar, and healthy treats! May all your dreams come true, and may 2014 be a year filled with even more guilt-free treats and happy cakes!