In a cold winter day nothing can beat the smell of warm and sweet apples in the kitchen. I have to admit; I am truly a sucker for warm applepie with ice-cream. But bringing warm apple pie with ice-cream on the train on my way to work, in the morning, however much I crave it and however cold it is, is not an option (mostly because the other passangers would be so jealous ofcourse).
Healthy apple and cinnamon biscuits
These healthy apple and cinnamon biscuits are so quick to make, super moist and super healthy. A perfect and healthy anytime snack. And Oh! the smell when they are in the oven..
2.5 dl almond flour (fat reduced) + 1 tablespoon for baking out
2 tablespoons coconut flour (fat reduced)
3- 4 tablespoons raw acasia honey
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
100 g applepure (I use organic “babyfood” applepure)
1 medium egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons psyllium husk (fibre supplement)
1 teaspoon cinnamon, grounded
1 teaspoon vanillasugar
1. Blend the wet and dry ingredients in two different bowls.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix well. Let rest a couple of minutes in the fridge.
3. Form the dough as a flat and rectangular shape, ca 1,5 cm high. Make sure there is almond flour underneath the dough, so it dont get stuck. Cut out with a round cookiecutter to form round biscuits, ca. 10-12, or use a sharp knife and form triangular biscuts.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes in 175 degrees celsius, a bit below the middle in the oven.
5. Cool down on a wire rack for ca. 15 minutes
Served perfectly by themselves, to afternoon tea, with peanut butter, or with greek yoghurt, strawberries and sprinkled with honey.
Have a beautiful weekend!