Every time when I am in USA, England or any other country I am always reminded that Norway is a country that loooves MILK chocolate. The reason why is the presence of the above DARK Bounty chocolate (also called Mounds bar in the USA), which Norway don´t even import. I just love the mix of the coconut and the DARK chocolate! Give me! But the original dark Bounty chocolate (or the Milk Bounty chocolate) is not at all natural, and absolutely not healthy.
Here is my go on a Healthy Bounty chocolate bar that everyone can eat (dairy free, gluten free, vegan, nut free, fructose free!), and it is as all of my creations; guilt- free!
Healthy Bounty Chocolate
This is just like the Dark Chocolate Bounty, but just all clean, natural and MUCH healthier; an healthy bounty chocolate. Super easy to make, and to share. Remember to check out the Tip- section at the bottom for substitutes.
Ingredients (36 small bites):
200 grams grated coconut
50 grams organic brown rice syrup
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk, I used 17% fat. Cooled down; use the hard part (se Tip- section)
1 tablespoon Psyllium husk (fiber supplement)
100 grams dark chocolate
1 tablespoon organic brown rice syrup
20 grams extra virgin coconut oil
- Pour out the wet part of the coconut milk, after it have cooled down. The hard part will be creamy.
- Mix all the ingredients, and form a square or rectangular shape, and cut them into desired shape or number of pieces. You can also make round balls if you want.
- Cool the Bounty mix in the freezer.
- Melt the extra virgin coconut oil and dark chocolate on low heat in a casserole. Add the organic Brown Rice Syrup.
- Dip the cold Bounty mix, when they are almost frozen with two forks into the dark melted chocolate. Chill.
- If you do not have organic brown rice syrup you can substitute it with the same amount of honey, or 40 grams Agave Syrup. But the Bounty bites will not be fructose free if you substitute.
- I always keep one can of coconut milk in the fridge, so that I am always prepared if I want to add some coconut to my baking or food. When cooling it down, it will separate, and one get a creamy and concentrated part of the coconut milk, when pouring out the water part.
- I always keep some of them in the freezer, as they only take 15-20 minutes to defrost- and is perfect for that sudden craving!
Enjoy your Healthy bounty chocolate bar!